Purchase Management handles company purchase orders and at the same time traces vendor performance. Detailed line items indicate planned receipts to inventory or to a job, although their destination may be changed at the time of actual receipt entry. Purchase order receipt processing updates suggested vendor and detailed purchase history files, which provides continual reference to aid in making purchasing decisions. An online Time-phased Material Requirements Report provides a strategic planning tool to buy the right amount of material—at the right time.
With Purchase Management, you can reduce inventory levels, improve on-time deliveries, enhance your cash flow and increase your profit levels.
Competitive advantages of Purchase Management
- Automated Purchasing Tools: Automated purchasing suggests parts, quantities and suppliers to buy from in order to meet material requirements and on-time delivery schedules. Optionally create new POs automatically.
- Planning: A Time-Phased Material Requirements Report, available through the Inventory Management module, gives purchasing the critical information necessary to make well-informed buying decisions.
- Blanket Purchase Orders: Multiple releases can be set up for every line on the Purchase Order.
- Purchase History: Purchase history maintenance and inquiry gives detailed information on Purchase Orders and receipts over extended periods of time.
- Mass Purchase Order Receipt: Quickly create receipt details for all lines, all releases for a specific line, or individual lines and releases.
- On-Line Purchase Order Entry: Enter multiple lines and unlimited comments as well as inventory, non-inventory, and subcontracting purchases.
- Flexible: At the time of receipt, optionally redirect purchases made for specific jobs into inventory. This flexibility is also offered for items originally purchased for inventory.
- Cross-Referencing: When a vendor’s part number differs from the stocking part number, the cross-reference is linked in the suggested vendor file for printing on Purchase Orders.
- Purchase Order Printing: Print purchase orders directly from Purchase Order Entry by date, user or purchase order number range. Purchase orders may also be faxed directly from your computer to your vendor.
- Purchase Order Tracker: Immediately access all purchase order information via screen inquiry, with multiple search capabilities.
- Part Master Price Breaks: Price breaks per inventory part/vendor, including effectivity date.
- Vendor Tracker: Quickly display information about any vendor including open and historical purchasing transactions.
- Purchase Requisition: Request purchases from anywhere in the plant. A formal requisition system tracks the status of the requisition from initial request to final approval and actual purchase order. The requestor is notified each step of the way.
- Approved Vendors: Vendors must be approved for general purposes before anything can be ordered from them. Do some of your customers insist upon using specific vendors? ERP allows you to set up those relationships and won’t allow you to order from the wrong vendor for those jobs.
- Integration: Purchasing Management is fully integrated with Accounts Payable, Job Management, and Inventory Management applications.