What is SFC and SFCS?
ERP Shop Floor Control (SFC) is a software system of methods and tools that are used to track, schedule and report on the progress of work in a manufacturing plant. Shop Floor Control systems generally evaluate the portion of an order or operation that has been completed. That percentage of work in process is useful for resource planning, inventory evaluations and supervisor and operator productivity on a shop floor.
The better the shop floor control, the better the inventory and operations control, and the better is the productivity of the workers. Performance and ROI of a manufacturing business varies directly in proportion to the shop floor control.
Benefits of Shop Floor Control System
- It is paperless.
- It provides total visibility to what happens on the shop floor.
- The supervisors and managers find themselves empowered as the SFCS facilitates them to monitor complete range of operations and activities carried out on the shop floor.
- It alerts the staff member regarding any upcoming problem beforehand to limit or eliminate the loss of property or time.
- It provides real time data, which is quantifiable and actionable.
- It provides planning and scheduling of shop floor operations thereby increasing efficiency of workers.
- It eliminates the errors in calculations machine time, man hours, worker payrolls and much more.
- It reveals operational vulnerabilities and staff as well as resource related problems and helps to address them in time.
- It makes decision making easy for the management by providing reports.
- It drives the ROI of a manufacturing business.
Key Features of SFCS
- Flexibility − The SFCS should accommodate changes in volume of product or the product itself.
- Inter-operability − The SFCS should be coherent enough to work on various hardware and software platforms.
- Portability − The SFCS should be able to work cross-platform. If it is working on a certain hardware platform and operating system, then it should also work on another hardware platform and operating system, which can be achieved by standard programming language and standard operating system calls.
How YGL BeyondERP can help SMEs in manufacturing industry to adopt and implement Industry 4.0?
We Help Manage Industry 4.0 Implementation via ERP System
With YGL, you’ll be working with the most experienced professionals in the ERP industry. Whether you need short-term support or resources for a long term engagements, our ERP Consultants have the expertise to help you implement and integrate the ERP system requirement for Industry 4.0. With a core team of functional and technical ERP consultants that are both skilled and certified, we can quickly implement a robust ERP System to maximize the value of your investment.
YGL BeyondERP system applications allows you to enable a seamless workflow from your finance to warehouse and right down to your production efficiency by providing you the essential management dashboard which allows you to have a clear visibility.
As an industry leader in ERP system Implementation, we can be sure that each YGL consultants have the highest qualifications. We provide a wide range of ERP System Integrations with experience ranging from IOT(Internet of Things) right down to Data analytics on OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), supporting all functional modules to complete project management for your project needs. All of our consultants are fully vetted for the project they’re submitted for, which means you’re only reviewing the most qualified consultants who do what you need done.
We Can Help to implement ERP System Integration under Industry 4.0
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today so that we can help you with our YGL BeyondERP which is strategy Industry 4.0 ready implementation needs heading towards Industry 4.0.
YglWorld PG (HQ)
35, SCOTLAND ROAD
10450 Penang Island
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450