Enhance Your ERP System by Integrating BI
ERP and BI
This is a complex topic for several reasons:
- ERP and BI software are two different animals. Few companies run on a single all-encompassing ERP system, BI functionality probably isn’t part of it.
- It’s not unusual for multinational companies to run on different systems.
- Tech literacy at senior management levels is still not common; add to that a tech environment that’s constantly changing. BI is a technology-driven process that must be maintained and managed, which is why organizational change management strategies are so important for these types of initiatives.
How ERP and BI Drive Manufacturing Growth
With the combined power of ERP and BI, you can make data-driven decisions that drive your company forward. BI has the ability to transform data in your ERP software and other applications into critical insights. Below, we explain some of the benefits of integrating ERP and BI to fuel manufacturing growth.
· Actionable Insights
· Optimal Efficiency
· Precise Reporting
· Data Warehouse
· Business Improvements
BI could just as easily stand for business improvements. Data is one of the most precious assets for a manufacturer. Together, BI and ERP can help you leverage the full power of your data. These are some of the specific improvements your manufacturing business can enjoy with ERP and BI:
- Track and reduce inventory costs throughout multiple locations
- Use real-time machine metrics to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and schedule preventative maintenance
- Gain in-depth insights into production processes to determine how to reduce scrap, improve cycle times and make other valuable enhancements
- Receive instant notifications when there are lapses in quality or efficiency on the shop floor
- Improve demand forecasting
- Collect real-time data across the shop floor to improve traceability and compliance
- Track multiple KPIs, such as product margins, turnover rates and yield rates across multiple locations to optimize decision making