What is ESG?
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance. It is a set of criteria used to evaluate and measure the sustainability and ethical impact of a company or organisation. ESG factors are used by investors, stakeholders, and other interested parties to assess a company’s performance and its potential long-term viability.
Here’s a breakdown of what each element represents:
Environmental (E): This aspect focuses on a company’s impact on the environment. It includes factors such as the company’s carbon emissions, water usage, waste management practices, renewable energy adoption, and efforts to mitigate climate change and environmental risks.
Social (S): The social aspect of ESG looks into a company’s treatment of its employees, customers, suppliers, and communities in which it operates. It considers factors like labour practices, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, health and safety, product quality and safety, and community engagement.
Governance (G): Governance refers to the structure and practices of a company’s leadership and management. It examines aspects such as the independence and competence of the board of directors, executive compensation, shareholder rights, transparency, and adherence to ethical and legal standards.
ESG criteria are important for investors and stakeholders who are increasingly considering ethical and sustainable practices as part of their investment decisions. Companies that perform well on ESG factors are often seen as more responsible, resilient, and likely to have better long-term performance, making them attractive to socially conscious investors.
ESG investing has gained significant momentum in recent years as a way to align financial goals with environmental and social values. Many investment funds and financial institutions now offer ESG-focused investment products, such as ESG funds or green bonds, to cater to the growing demand for responsible and sustainable investing.
How can an ERP help?
5 ways that ERP plays a role in ESG?
YGL ERP system provides a comprehensive view of a company’s operations, it can be used for tracking and reporting on ESG metrics.
- YGL ERP systems can provide companies with significant advantages when producing ESG reports.
- YGL ERP system is a repository of data from all functions of a business. The data can be used to provide visibility into how to measure and reduce waste and carbon emissions, optimise processes to be more energy efficient, and monitor plant machinery for energy waste.
- YGL ERP system is an extensible platform that can be used to collect data from internal activities and from external partners. Having a wider view of data, e.g., from suppliers, can give executives greater insight into streamlining sustainability operations.
- With workflows, process controls, segregation of duties by roles and access, and audit trails, YGL ERP system has built-in safeguards for a company’s governance.
- As the single-source-of-truth, YGL ERP system enables reporting and analysis of ESG initiatives to be done more easily. In addition, the data is readily available to comply with the various ESG reporting standards and formats.
As the single-source-of-truth, an ERP system enables reporting and analysis of ESG initiatives to be done more easily. In addition, the data is readily available to comply with the various ESG reporting standards and form.
YGL NERVO ERP software is a key technology in Industry 4.0, as it provides a centralized platform for managing all aspects of warehouse operations, from inventory management to shipping and receiving. By integrating YGL NERVO ERP software with other Industry 4.0 technologies such as IoT sensors, AI algorithms, and robotics, warehouse managers can create a highly efficient and connected system that can adapt quickly to changes in demand or supply chain disruptions.
Overall, the use of YGL NERVO ERP software is a key component of Industry 4.0, and is critical to creating a more connected and efficient system that can meet the demands of modern supply chains.
We Can Help to implement DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION in the Manufacturing Industry System Integration under Industry 4.0
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today so that we can help you with our YGL ERP which is strategy Industry 4.0 ready implementation needs heading towards Industry 4.0.
YglWorld PG (HQ)
35, SCOTLAND ROAD
10450 Penang Island
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450