Smart vertical farming encompasses all agricultural processes that aim to increase efficiency rather than capacity. The goal of smart farming is to create an efficient and optimal ratio of input and output through intelligent and goal-oriented analysis, planning, and observation. The available resources should be processed optimally and according to individual requirements. To achieve these goals, essential data is collected and aggregated to generate an optimized process chain. This collection process is done using sophisticated sensor technology.
Key Themes of Vertical Farming 4.0
- Available Technologies for Agriculture 4.0
- Drones, Sensors, Internet of Things, Robotics, Big Data, AI and more
- Precision Agriculture
- Agricultural Resource Management for Improved Resource-use
- Process Automation and Mechanisation
- Water Management and Irrigation
- Innovative Approach towards Technological Development
- Indoor Farming Technologies
- Agriculture Software Enhancing
- Investment in R&D
- New Business Models
- Cross disciplinary themes
How can smart farming solve today’s agricultural challenges?
The expected benefits of digitization for smart farming can be summarized as follows:
- The physical labour put into farming is reduced, for e.g. through reduced documentation and planning effort, optimized task status lists and automation of processes
- Improved decision-making via greater transparency thanks to ongoing monitoring, warnings and recommendations in real-time
- By exchanging data and information with third parties, simple order processing, certification and traceability, consumer information and communication (via smart phone) is also possible
- Overall, it can be expected that process improvements can be achieved through continuous monitoring and an increase in knowledge, for example through AI applications.
The high technology collaboration work cover in YGLWORLD:
- Smart Manufacturing and Industry Revolution 4.0 (“IND 4.0”);
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data;
- Smart Education;
- Smart Warehouse;
- Smart Cities;
- Smart Agriculture;
- Smart Ecology and Environmental
The key to successful smart farming? Connectivity.
Connectivity is at the heart of all smart farming solutions. In fact, there are hardly any areas of application where connectivity is needed more than in modern agriculture. Especially considering that agriculture mostly takes place in remote, hard-to-reach areas, well outside of the urban built-up centre that has access to reliable Wi-Fi. It is practically a given that farming locations have access to poor or no public network connections.
Agriculture is carried out with large amounts of data, so it must be possible to transfer these amounts of data.
In the case of smart farming, cellular IoT connectivity is far superior to other options for the below reasons:
- For continuous location signalling, farmers need to be able to maintain a steady data connection across many miles.
- Pairing devices with the farmer’s phone/tablet via Bluetooth won’t work as devices will mostly be far from his daily location and also far from each other.
- Even the most capable Wi-Fi networks have a range of only a few hundred feet, and are easily interrupted by physical obstructions or even human (or animal!) bodies.
There is no more effective or affordable solution for reliably tracking location over distance than: cellular connectivity.
As in many other digitization scenarios, connectivity is the most important basic building block. Only when this basis works can highly complex IoT scenarios such as smart farming be implemented successfully, sustainably and reliably.
How YGL BeyondERP can help Smart Vertical Farming to adopt and implement Industry 4.0?
We Help Manage smart vertical farming Implementation via ERP System
With YGL, you’ll be working with the most experienced professionals in the ERP industry. Whether you need short-term support or resources for a long term engagements, our ERP Consultants have the expertise to help you implement and integrate the ERP system requirement for Industry 4.0. With a core team of functional and technical ERP consultants that are both skilled and certified, we can quickly implement a robust ERP System to maximize the value of your investment.
YGL BeyondERP system applications allows you to enable a seamless workflow from your finance to warehouse and right down to your production efficiency by providing you the essential management dashboard which allows you to have a clear visibility.
As an industry leader in ERP system Implementation, we can be sure that each YGL consultants have the highest qualifications. We provide a wide range of ERP System Integrations with experience ranging from IOT(Internet of Things) right down to Data analytics on OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), supporting all functional modules to complete project management for your project needs. All of our consultants are fully vetted for the project they’re submitted for, which means you’re only reviewing the most qualified consultants who do what you need done.
We Can Help to implement ERP System Integration under Industry 4.0
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today so that we can help you with our YGL BeyondERP which is strategy Industry 4.0 ready implementation needs heading towards Industry 4.0.
35, SCOTLAND ROAD
10450 Penang Island
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450