According to the Journal of Information Technology Management, ERP systems are currently in high demand among Malaysian companies especially those in manufacturing and service-based industries because it provides an effective management system leading to improvement in productivity. BeyondERP is the most affordable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in Malaysia.
ERP is referring to as a business management solution or software for enterprises that supports both operational and administrative processes of organizations along with comprehensive, core enterprise resource planning (ERP) functionality for financial, supply chain management, manufacturing, project accounting and customer relationship management.
An ERP software (short for Enterprise Resource Planning) helps organizations manage business functions and streamline operations with a centralized database and a user-friendly interface. Companies use ERP software to standardize business processes, collect operational data, improve supply-chain efficiency, promote data-driven strategies and increase collaboration between departments.
ERP systems are comprehensive solutions that typically include the following modules:
Accounting and Finance – The accounting and finance module tracks the company’s finances, including budget and expense planning, core accounting, revenue management and tax management.
Supply Chain – The supply chain module tracks products from manufacturing to warehouse to distributors to customers. Features include supplier scheduling, purchasing, inventory, claim processing, shipping, tracking and product returns.
Inventory Management – Using the inventory management module, businesses can monitor materials and supplies through inventory control, purchase orders, automatic ordering and inventory scanning.
Manufacturing – Manufacturers and other production-oriented facilities can use the manufacturing module to manage their shop floors, looking at elements such as work orders, bill of materials, quality control, engineering, manufacturing process and planning, and product lifecycle management.
Business Intelligence – A business intelligence module collects and analyzes data from multiple sources and helps users make better business decisions. Some features include customizable dashboards and visualization tools, ad-hoc and scheduled reporting, and real-time data access.
At the most basic level, an ERP system comprises a central state-of-the-art, comprehensive database that collects, stores and disseminates data across all business functions and activities in your organization. By integrating all business functions of your organization, economies of scale can be obtained, and business shall gain significant operating cost reductions, in addition to improved capabilities and information transparency. The increased business trends of globalization, mergers, and acquisitions demand that companies must have the ability to control and coordinate increasingly remote operating units. An ERP system can help you to achieve this by enabling the sharing of real-time information across departments, currencies, languages and national borders, facilitate error-free transactions and production.
Benefits of ERP Software/System
ERP Software Provides a wide of benefits for your business, among others, including:
- Streamlined operations – ERP Software stores and tracks data across your entire organization, from material planning, procurement, production, warehouse, logistic, to sales and marketing. In general, these functions can be found in a standard ERP system solution package.
- Workflow automation – ERP systems today are much more advance than before, incorporating and leveraging new technology like artificial intelligence (AI) technology, it can automate routine business processes and freed up useful human resources to focus on more sophisticated tasks.
- Advanced Analytics – ERP is an integrated system and therefore is able to offer a greater depth of business analysis compared to any standalone system. ERP system is able to pull a wealth load of data from across your business into details and easy-to-decipher analytics dashboards that provide both macro and micro insights of your business.
- Enhanced accessibility – With the increasing number of cloud-based options and Internet of Things (IoT) enabled featured like mobile access, ERP system offers business unprecedented accessibility and visibility into day-to-day operations anywhere and anytime.
BeyondERP system has expanded and encompasses business intelligence (BI), some even build with the capability to integrate with devices that support the latest Internet of Things (IoT) technology and with Cloud technology. BeyondERP system is also built-in with the capability of handling functions such as sales force automation, and eCommerce. In a rapidly evolving technology landscape, businesses which utilize ERP software streamline their operation often reap benefits such as:
- Increased operational efficiency – ERP system could significantly boost operational efficiency and productivity through process automation and efficient workforce management.
- Better and more systematic organization – With an ERP system, processes, and functions across departments are better integrated, which could further minimize, if not eliminating data mismanagement and disorder in an organization that often stagnates businesses.
- Better informed business decision – With the customizable reporting and dashboard features of the ERP system. Top management could better monitor key performance indexes/metrics and make business decisions based on informed near real-time information from the shop-floors.
Business Sizes and ERP Software Selection
Because of the costs and resources involved in acquiring and implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning system, ERP often viewed as a luxurious piece of software or solution which only affordable by large or multi-nation enterprise businesses. However, with the increasing availability of cloud base solutions an software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription model, the typical buyer profile has expanded and extended to include businesses such as:
- Small-business buyer (SMB) – These are companies with 2-100 employees that make less than RM50 million per year and have a minimum or no in-house IT resources or department.
- Midsize business buyer – These are companies typically with 50 – 100 employees, making more than RM50 million but less than RM200 million per year and have an IT department
- Large enterprise business buyer – These are all time ready buyer for an ERP system as their business is having more than 100 employees and making more than RM200 million per year and have a decent and dedicated IT department.
Finding the right ERP system implementation providers or ERP companies in Malaysia
As there is no one-size fit all approach in finding the right ERP system implementation service provider in Malaysia. The ERP selection criteria are not limited purely by the product itself but is a combination of both a solid product and the consultancy services that comes accompanied with it. Therefore, a combination of the right people and the right product pave the way to successful ERP deployments. Below are the main consideration factors or criteria for the selection:
- The Track Record of the ERP software implementation provider in Malaysia
- The experience of the provider’s ERP team
- Any related industry knowledge or implementation experience?
- What are the ERP system functionalities?
- How is the ERP system integration?
- What is the Future Direction of the ERP software?
- What are the ERP system Deployment Options?
- How much is the total cost of ownership for the ERP software?
- Licensing options
- Deployment options
How YGL BeyondERP can help SMEs in manufacturing industry to adopt and implement Industry 4.0?
We Help Manage Industry 4.0 Implementation via ERP Transforms in the Manufacturing Industry
With YGL, you’ll be working with the most experienced professionals in the ERP industry. Whether you need short-term support or resources for a long term engagements, our ERP Consultants have the expertise to help you implement and integrate the ERP system requirement for Industry 4.0. With a core team of functional and technical ERP consultants that are both skilled and certified, we can quickly implement a robust ERP System to maximize the value of your investment. BeyondERP is the most affordable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
The most affordable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System YGL BeyondERP applications allows you to enable a seamless workflow from your finance to warehouse and right down to your production efficiency by providing you the essential management dashboard which allows you to have a clear visibility.
As an industry leader in ERP system Implementation, we can be sure that each YGL consultants have the highest qualifications. We provide a wide range of ERP System Integrations with experience ranging from IOT(Internet of Things) right down to Data analytics on OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), supporting all functional modules to complete project management for your project needs. All of our consultants are fully vetted for the project they’re submitted for, which means you’re only reviewing the most qualified consultants who do what you need done.
We Can Help to implement ERP Transforms in the Manufacturing Industry System Integration under Industry 4.0
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today so that we can help you with our YGL BeyondERP which is strategy Industry 4.0 ready implementation needs heading towards Industry 4.0.
YglWorld PG (HQ)
35, SCOTLAND ROAD
10450 Penang Island
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450