What is warehouse automation?
Warehouse Digitalisation is to keep pace with ever-evolving technologies and the advent of artificial intelligent, warehouse digitization has become the key for businesses not only to improve their bottom-line but also to maintain a strong competitive edge.
The simplest warehouse automation definition is replacing manual work with automated processes. Solutions for automating warehouse operations range from RPA (robotic process automation) driven software tools, sophisticated equipment like autonomous vehicles, picking tools and automated storage and retrieval systems.
So how does automation impact warehouse digitalisation efficiency?
Simply put, automation impacts efficiency in a big way. The disruptive effect of warehouse digitalization goes as far as
- Accelerating warehouse processes: the most vivid effect of warehouse digitalization is the increased speed of warehouse operations. Not only do automated systems account for enhanced accuracy, they also enable warehouse workers to carry out routine operations faster than ever before. With today’s business demand for fast time-to-value, this benefit is hard to ignore.
- Increasing transparency: always being aware of the exact stock quantities as well as the state of the available stock has a number of subsequent advantages. Eliminating stock misplacement, forecasting demand and planning supply, issuing purchase orders and automated procurement, deriving business insights, and generating sales reports are the positive disruptive effects automated and completely transparent smart warehousing can bring.
- Eliminating errors and fallacies: humans will be humans, after all. No matter how focused they are, there’s only so much they can pay attention to simultaneously. They are also too easily distracted and often make mistakes. Warehouse automation reduces human error to an absolute minimum, so you can rest assured no process remains unattended and no important detail escapes scrupulous attention. Ultimately, warehouse automation helps avoid accounting errors and tax issues, which is an important benefit.
- Real-time synchronization: on top of that, based on data obtained from IoT sensors, RPA algorithms can sync inventory databases with billing systems and financial data. Also, dispatching trucks and initiating deliveries can now be done almost instantly. Thus, digital warehousing increases the overall efficiency and transparency of the entire supply chain.
- Increased mobility: the cloud has greatly contributed to increasing workforce mobility by granting access to warehouse databases anytime from anywhere. Employees no longer have to be physically present to make weighted data-driven decisions and act on them.
- Improved warehouse space management/optimization: applied to facilitate automatic warehousing, IoT helps improve warehouse space management. By reporting exactly how much space is available, smart warehousing systems provide insights into better space utilization, optimal allocation and redistribution of assets, etc.
YGL is one of the largest providers of ERP and Industry 4.0 manufacturing solutions in Malaysia. YGL is also the dominant Web and Apps based internet portal provider in the Asia region. YGL is also the Service Provider with our in-house team comprise of Certified Accountant, Software Designer, SQL Database Programmer, Dot Net Developer, Mobile Android & IOS Developer and Software Consultant in Malaysia and the intellectual property right is owned in Malaysia. Currently the software is being exported and deployed in Singapore, India, Hong Kong, China, The Philippines, Mauritius and Australia.
Our Industry 4.0 BeyondERP system is one of the integrated solutions which follow the International Standard Operating Procedure. The system compliance with Malaysia Government regulations (SST, GST, MFRS, MPERS) and international standards. The ERP fits size and budget, flexible, process for every division while offering unlimited scalability for tomorrow. The ERP is aimed to complete both Vertical and Horizontal integration of all the elements of a business including suppliers, customer service network, internal control and easy management review with connectivity and intelligence brought by web-enabled technologies and intelligent computing to meet the demands of e-business practices.
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450