Streamline Your Business Operations with a Warehouse Management System
A warehouse management system (WMS) is a software application designed to support and optimize warehouse functionality and distribution center management. These systems facilitate management in using simplified automatic technologies useful in daily activities like planning, organizing, staffing, directing, warehousekeeping and controlling the utilization of available resources, to move and store materials inside, around and outside of a warehouse, while supporting staff in the performance of material movement and storage in and around a warehouse, without causing any large scale disruption to business resources.
- Outdated planning processes
- Disconnected execution systems
- Inefficient workflows
- Limited visibility into inventory and order fulfillment process
- Scalability and flexibility to manage Demand Volatility
What Are the Functions of Warehouse Management Solutions?
Some major functions of warehouse management solutions are as follows:
- When a product is dispatched, a warehouse management solutions can help reduce the chances of an error. The system can also assist a corporation in fulfilling orders and tracking ordered products throughout the warehouse in real-time.
- Warehouse design allows businesses to adjust workflow to ensure that the warehouse is set up for optimal inventory allocation. The WMS creates bin slotting to maximize storage space and adjust for seasonal inventory fluctuations.
- Inventory Management makes it possible to use current tracking, automatic identification, and data capture technology like RFID and barcode scanners to ensure that commodities are located when they need to move.
- Receiving and putting away allows warehouse workers to locate products by putting them away and retrieving them, often using pick-to-light or pick-to-voice technology.
- Zone picking, wave picking, and batch picking are all methods of picking and packing products. Pick-and-pack jobs can also be guided most by using lot zoning and task interleaving techniques.
We Can Help to implement Smart Warehouse Transforms in the Manufacturing Industry System Integration under Industry 4.0
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today so that we can help you with our YGL NERVO which is strategy Industry 4.0 ready implementation needs heading towards Industry 4.0 in smart warehouse and smart manufacturing.
YglWorld PG (HQ)
35, SCOTLAND ROAD
10450 Penang Island
Wisma UOA II,
Jalan Pinang 50450